Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Phi Phi Island in Krabi... Plus Me!

This is an insert from my previous blog “Phuket & Me”, after the dinner with friends and before the seafood galore, also with friends.

Leonardo DiCarprio’s “The Beach” made this paradise island so popular and is actually situated in the province of Krabi, definitely NOT in Phuket. You need to take a speedy boat to reach this secluded place from any southeast ports of Phuket island and the tour time isn’t that long and definitely not boring. While travelling there is sightseeing as well, plus snorkeling.

Jazzed with my dark shades on flip flops waiting in front of McDonald, I half-felt like emoting and thinking the tour agent might have forgotten me already as I went so impatiently waiting and excited. I was told to be very early that’s why and realizing its past 15 minutes already, the site of the van to pick me up is nowhere yet. It left me no option but to save my mood better with the usual valid excuse of “it’s Thailand time” or known as D.E.L.A.Y. It’s pretty much same habit in my home country I guess, same same and not different. While contemplating about the meat fondue I had the previous dinner, my mobile rang and it was the van driver on the line asking me where he can possibly pick me up. I felt like my eyebrows did meet each other as I saw him standing across the street where I was sitting, just beside the van with some loads of people in it. Waiting for more than 15 minutes without calling me and me daydreaming, it was a total wasted time for both indeed…grrrr.


At the Pier. While payments are being settled before loading into the speedy cute vessel, I uttered my own “Ouch! *with modesty” as one lady almost bury her fingernail onto my chest when she put a tour sticker on my shirt. I almost thought it’s intentional just to wake me up because I was yawning that time feeling sleepy after our travel from the city to the port, but then she apologized knowing she almost stabbed me with that long red thingy on her finger. After each and everyone grinned and said “Cheese” for an individual photo shooting, we departed the port and were briefed about the tour itinerary. Our first stop was in Phi Phi Don, and some passengers were unloaded there and we spent like 10 minutes before heading on the next island. I did really have my own shots in this trip but unfortunately lost them all when I accidentally reformatted my hard drive. Well images from the web always look better than what I got in my digital camera anyway.


Awww...wesome islets and rock formation sights on our way to Phi Phi Leh, breathtaking! After some few minutes we went straight ahead to Maya bay, another startling place to focus and adjust your camera lenses and take your best shot. We also marveled other places like caves and other small islands before enjoying the swim and the woo-hoo “Splash” of our snorkeling in the monkey bay… the bay highlighted in the movie and yes it is really really alive and kicking down there. Not simply but outstandingly amazing place to bring your esposa or amigas or novio or even your madre y padre to unwind and enjoy the view to forget everything you left behind the city… your work, your pets, your friends and even your unpaid bills.


After an hour and a half given to enjoy the water, the corals and the monkeys, we were all advised to leap back to the ferry on our way back to our first stop in Phi Phi Don to have our lunch. After the satisfying meal we were allowed again to sit back and relax in the place, swim again if we want for another couple of hours. Most of us walked around and took some photos and shopped for some souvenirs like shirts, displays and shell crafts made by the locals in the island. After getting what I want I settled myself in a small internet café, made myself online in MSN chat and envy almost everyone in my list as I turned the webcam on and waved “I’m in Phi Phi in Krabi!!!”. I have no idea if they all felt happy for me but what matter is I was indeed that time. Well I think they did, I only brag to my close friends anyway.

Back to the Phuket port and after claiming my image on a plate after that “say cheese” thing, I felt so wonderful. I couldn’t believe that I made it in a place where I used to think and dreamed of upon seeing it in a movie. It was real, and I did it all alone with me, my camera and my guts.

Going down south Thailand is something everyone must anticipate costly. Being in the Phuket proper is expensive enough for the rides, but the stay is more worthwhile if you go down further in Krabi to feel the nature that speaks and leaves a sprint on your heart, refreshing your life for a better restart.

Please do visit!

Images Sources:
http://www.tucantravel.com/listing_images/Koh_Phi_Phi_Island_-_Thailand.jpg
http://reservation.passionasia.com/activities_images/activity_151_1.jpg
http://www.woodlandsphuket.com/snorkeller-shallow-phi-phi-island.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment