Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection

Monday, June 1, 2009

Bangkok, the City of Angels...and Strangers


My first trip to Bangkok dated way back almost a decade ago wasn’t really that exciting, not even planned and yet surprising to the person who was expecting someone else and not me to fly and see him. A trip that was immediately scheduled right after a long training from work and of family matters…and this I say was my first successful travel abroad after those numerous attempts to Taiwan, Korea and that office sponsored Australian training cancelled by Ex-president Joseph Estrada due to his J.Walker’s blue label drunkenness.

I came to Bangkok to discuss an unfortunate episode in my father’s life, as being cheated and fooled by a woman he loved aside from my mother, I can say that time I saw a broken man in a city full of strangers. But then I also met few Filipinos who’s been living in this city for several years and somehow I felt like, there is a family to be considered here. But looking at my father’s fate, I can say that he doesn’t have any good friends in his life that time as he was even provoked and tolerated to create a scene that really, really went dramatic.

The first place I wondered by myself in Bangkok is this shopping area they called Pratunam. I bought some few clothes and Thai decors as presents for my family and friends in Manila. It’s a very crowded place and vendors are allowed to sell anything on the side streets without being caught and I can say the costs are cheap if you buy more than a piece. I really don’t have any good reason to buy such things as we also have those in my country, but the idea of buying just to make some people happy is somehow fulfilling.

Bangkok has a lot to offer, the food, the people, and its culture. Now that I’ve been here for almost nine (9) years, I say that living in a different place is a real tough challenge to anyone and bears unending drama and frustration if you are not so careful with your decisions, and mostly, choosing the people to be with. But I can say we don’t need too much friends to make us busy and occupied for not feeling the homesickness. There are far better things to do like, working hard, traveling, a little bit partying and still remembering and connecting those people back home?

Bangkok: http://www.photos-bangkok.com/pratunam.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment